It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Discussion forums have moved to the new Lunapic Community on Facebook

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:47 am 

Cash on hand:
0.00 LunaPic Points

Invitations sent: 0
Successful invitations: 0
how do u do it if u have a laptop like myseft i have a laptop and i dont have the printscreen buttion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:10 pm 

Cash on hand:
0.00 LunaPic Points

if you have a laptop the key is locasted at the top right hand corner. . .

btw i already knew how to do this but it doesnt let me paste it onto paint. =\

it says Paste From. .

and I also tried the Snipping Tool but since I only have windows vista basic it doesn't work. =(

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:41 am 

Cash on hand:
0.00 LunaPic Points

[quote="Erikaslapeach"]if you have a laptop the key is locasted at the top right hand corner. . .

btw i already knew how to do this but it doesnt let me paste it onto paint. =\

it says Paste From. .

and I also tried the Snipping Tool but since I only have windows vista basic it doesn't work. =([/quote]

I just joined here and caught this tutorial thread, I noticed that no one mentioned that if you're going to use paint (because it's a MS product, like MS Word) the right click function that you're so accustomed to doesn't work, you've got to use keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts are= hold 2 keyboard buttons down at the same time, usually Control plus something else, this is like CTR+ALT+DEL command from back in the DOS days

Cut= CTR+X
Copy=CTR+C
Paste=CTR+V
undo=CTR+Z

highlight=CTR+A (either copies the whole page OR if the stuff you're trying to copy resides within a table CTR+A will highlight (often maybe not always due to different coding of certain websites or documents) will highlight everything inside of that table

once you copy an image, it goes to the MS clipboard, but you wont be able to tell that it's copied, it's there, it just doesn't *do* anything, you can't just right click and say "paste", in other words you can't just grab it and paste it inside MS Paint.exe (it IS an exe, later versions of windows don't display the extension of exe)

So it's like this: grab a pic you want to mess with, you can right click inside of a webpage or inside your hard drive, it's there loaded onto the clipboard, just keep it there. now open Paint.
When you get Paint open, the white part of the screen (it's called the canvas) put your cursor there and do Control plus V for paste. (hold both the CTL button AND the V at the same time)

That will *load* the image into Paint, now you can resize it, turn it into something different, you can write on it. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, when you save it to your hard drive after you've fooled with it, it's going to save it as a .BMP because that's the default. If you want or need to have the image be something other than a BMP, like a .JPEG or something choose from the dropdown menu at the bottom.
Save As will save it as a jpeg

Hope that helps
David Bruce Jr
Frederick Web Promotions
Search Engine Consultant
http://www.frederickwebpromotions.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2