It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Discussion forums have moved to the new Lunapic Community on Facebook

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: FORUM RULES:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:35 pm 
Site Admin

Cash on hand:
1,041.30 LunaPic Points

Bank:
1,812.30 LunaPic Points

Invitations sent: 0
Successful invitations: 0
Just a few rules for new people coming into the forum.

Basically, I want to improve the quality of the posts, so no spam or advertisements.

1. Spam
Spam is not permitted on the LunaPic Forum. Spam posts will be deleted, and spam topics will be closed (meaning all replies will be prevented). Below is a definition of spam.

Spam, which stands for stupid, pointless, annoying messages, is any post that does not provide anything to the board, or the topic and any replies to the topic.

Examples of spam include:
1a. Signature tests
Signature tests do not provide anything to the board. Thus, you are not permitted to make a topic which only has the purpose of viewing your signature. There are 2 good ways to test your signature: Making a decent post and sending a Private Message to yourself.

1b. Advertisements
Absolutely no commercial advertisments or links are allowed. It must be remembered that the forum is not here for getting your site publicity. Do not make a topic about your site, and attempt to advertise it. The way to advertise your personal site is to put a link in your signature and post around with your signature. However, if you are just here to advertise your site, you'll probably be banned.

1c. Wrong-board posts
This probably happens the most out of all things. If you get your topic in the wrong area we will move it. Please make sure you get it in the right topic though. It helps us out alot.

1d. Post Mistakes
If you make a mistake on your post, don't just post again. Use the edit icon right above the post. Make your edits and go on.

2. Signature and Avatar Length
You are not permitted to have a signature longer than 700 characters. If you sig is longer then that don't try to save it for your sig because it won't let you.
Avatars must be no more than 175 pixels wide.
All signatures MUST be 550 x 200 pixels or LESS (Width x Height)

Please keep signature images small and please do not have a large amount of text. If a Moderator deems your signature to long or big please comply and shorten it. Please do not post full song lyrics in your sig.

3. Posting ettiquette
Please do not type in all capitals. And try to punctuate correctly. Poor spelling/grammar/punctuation makes your posts hard to read, as well as open to misinterpretation.

4. Language
PLEASE watch your language!!! If the mods think anything is unproper or insulting you say we WILL edit or delete your post.

Additionally, our ISP requires these rules:

You may NOT do the following:

(i) Utilize the Services to copy material from third parties (including text, graphics, music, videos or other copyrightable material) without proper authorization.

(ii) Utilize the Services to misappropriate or infringe the patents, copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any third party.

(iii) Utilize the Services to traffic in illegal drugs, illegal gambling, obscene materials or other any products or services that are prohibited under applicable law.

(iv) Utilize the Services in any manner that violates applicable law.

(i) Utilize the Services to publish or disseminate information that (A) constitutes slander, libel or defamation, (B) publicizes the personal information or likeness of a person without that person's consent or (C) otherwise violates the privacy rights of any person.

(ii) Utilize the Services to threaten persons with bodily harm, to make harassing or abusive statements or messages, or to solicit the performance of acts or services that are illegal under applicable law.

(v) Utilize the Services to (A) forge the signature or other identifying mark or code of any other person, (B) impersonate or assume the identity or any other person, or (C) engage in any other activity (including "spoofing") to attempt to deceive or mislead other persons regarding the true identity of the User (excluding the use of anonymous remailer or Internet nicknames).

(vi) Utilize the Services to create messages without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person...who receives the communications...shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

LunaPic Admin - - Dave

http://lunapic.com

Last edited by admin on Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Avatar
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:00 pm 

Cash on hand:
0.00 LunaPic Points

It says at the upload area that avatars have to be under 6kb, but takes them anyway. lol

Post subject: Quoting...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:31 am 

Cash on hand:
0.00 LunaPic Points

Seriously slows the page downloads...

Just a suggestion, but it could be shut off.

Cut and paste works fine for text.

(Some of us are still on dialups at home.) :cry:

Post subject: Re: FORUM RULES:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:38 am 
Artist

Cash on hand:
1,000.00 LunaPic Points

admin wrote:
Just a few rules for new people coming into the forum.

Basically, I want to improve the quality of the posts, so no spam or advertisements.

1. Spam
Spam is not permitted on the LunaPic Forum. Spam posts will be deleted, and spam topics will be closed (meaning all replies will be prevented). Below is a definition of spam.

Spam, which stands for stupid, pointless, annoying messages, is any post that does not provide anything to the board, or the topic and any replies to the topic.

Examples of spam include:
1a. Signature tests
Signature tests do not provide anything to the board. Thus, you are not permitted to make a topic which only has the purpose of viewing your signature. There are 2 good ways to test your signature: Making a decent post and sending a Private Message to yourself.

1b. Advertisements
Absolutely no commercial advertisments or links are allowed. It must be remembered that the forum is not here for getting your site publicity. Do not make a topic about your site, and attempt to advertise it. The way to advertise your personal site is to put a link in your signature and post around with your signature. However, if you are just here to advertise your site, you'll probably be banned.

1c. Wrong-board posts
This probably happens the most out of all things. If you get your topic in the wrong area we will move it. Please make sure you get it in the right topic though. It helps us out alot.

1d. Post Mistakes
If you make a mistake on your post, don't just post again. Use the edit icon right above the post. Make your edits and go on.

2. Signature and Avatar Length
You are not permitted to have a signature longer than 700 characters. If you sig is longer then that don't try to save it for your sig because it won't let you.
Avatars must be no more than 175 pixels wide.
All signatures MUST be 550 x 200 pixels or LESS (Width x Height)

Please keep signature images small and please do not have a large amount of text. If a Moderator deems your signature to long or big please comply and shorten it. Please do not post full song lyrics in your sig.

3. Posting ettiquette
Please do not type in all capitals. And try to punctuate correctly. Poor spelling/grammar/punctuation makes your posts hard to read, as well as open to misinterpretation.

4. Language
PLEASE watch your language!!! If the mods think anything is unproper or insulting you say we WILL edit or delete your post.

Additionally, our ISP requires these rules:

You may NOT do the following:

(i) Utilize the Services to copy material from third parties (including text, graphics, music, videos or other copyrightable material) without proper authorization.

(ii) Utilize the Services to misappropriate or infringe the patents, copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any third party.

(iii) Utilize the Services to traffic in illegal drugs, illegal gambling, obscene materials or other any products or services that are prohibited under applicable law.

(iv) Utilize the Services in any manner that violates applicable law.

(i) Utilize the Services to publish or disseminate information that (A) constitutes slander, libel or defamation, (B) publicizes the personal information or likeness of a person without that person's consent or (C) otherwise violates the privacy rights of any person.

(ii) Utilize the Services to threaten persons with bodily harm, to make harassing or abusive statements or messages, or to solicit the performance of acts or services that are illegal under applicable law.

(v) Utilize the Services to (A) forge the signature or other identifying mark or code of any other person, (B) impersonate or assume the identity or any other person, or (C) engage in any other activity (including "spoofing") to attempt to deceive or mislead other persons regarding the true identity of the User (excluding the use of anonymous remailer or Internet nicknames).

(vi) Utilize the Services to create messages without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person...who receives the communications...shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

Um...Admin shud i Change da Style ov ma Writin!?...
lyk dis "Admin Should I Change the Style of My Writing"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:25 pm 

Cash on hand:
0.00 LunaPic Points

yeah..... i can barely even read that lol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:09 pm 
Pro

Cash on hand:
0.00 LunaPic Points

Location: Sailing across the sun and dancing along the light of day.
Me neither. XD

But sure admin, I'll raise my glass to that.

Sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬♥♥♥▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
My images are purely made using only Lunapic.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:33 pm 

Cash on hand:
0.00 LunaPic Points

thanks for telling us admin :)

I, Follow All Rules Of Lunapic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:32 am 

Cash on hand:
0.00 LunaPic Points

I agree to these rules.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:18 pm 

Cash on hand:
0.00 LunaPic Points

I agree to these rules....

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]